Blog

Artist Picks: Velvet Acid Christ

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Velvet Acid Christ
(As always, 2009 had VAC continuing to produce brilliantly crass dance beats with the release of The Art of Breaking Apart.)

A Place to Bury Strangers – “Keep Slipping Away”
It reminds me of all the old music I used to love in the 80s: New order and Bauhaus and The Cure and u2 when they were young. Catchy, frantic, fast, with energy.

Rome – “The Accidents of Gesture”
I love the lyrics. Heavy, philosophical, poetic, pretty, epic. I love how this song starts out quiet and pretty. It slowly builds and gets really intense and about half way through it starts to rock in a swaying dramatic way. I love his voice.

Baditude – “Osteophobia”
Sounds like 80s video game music. Love how old school Ministry and Revco it sounds. That song is about the fear of skeletons. Not only that Bad ass Halloween has a sample that says "Creature stole my Twinkie". My favorite party industrial band. So many hilarious fun songs. My all time favorite song by Baditude is “Punch a Christian in the Face.” Shit makes me laugh so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home