Blog

Artist Picks: Heavy Young Heathens

Thursday, December 31, 2009

(Sibling duo Heavy Young Heathens have spent 2009 promoting their self-titled debut album and drawing comparisons to Primal Scream and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.)

Aron Mardo
Julian Casablancas- "4 Chords of the Apocalypse"
Mr. Casablancas has outdone himself. Truly one of this year’s coolest songs off of a very cool album.

Muse- "Uprising"
Their commitment to melody and craft is unparalleled. Instantly pops out of on the radio when you hear it."

Eels- "Fresh Blood"
E is one of my biggest inspirations for what he doesn't do. And this track sums him up very nicely in my opinion. Brilliant..."


Robert Mardo
Kasabian - "Vlad the Impaler"
One of Britain’s biggest and best groups. This song is such a motherf***er. I wish it was one of ours.

La Roux - "Bulletproof"
I admit it. I sing this song constantly....but with the windows rolled up of course. So F***in' catchy, I love the melody.

The Big Pink - "Dominos"
My favorite new group of 2009. “Dominos” is so perfect and the hook does exactly what it is supposed to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home